This is a memorial website to honor our dear friend and loved one, Dan Bergin. Dan has many friends in the sailing and skiing communities; in the piloting and kite gliding communities; in the enlightenment intensive communities, and many, many other groups and organizations, as well his close and loved primary family. This "blog" gives us an opportunity to express our feelings for and to Dan and to recount experiences we had with him.

TO ADD YOUR MESSAGE TO THIS SITE:

Send an email to: bpalmer@winevalleyart.com

Please put "Remembering Captain Dan" in the subject line. In that way, Brock will be able to identify your message and will post your message within 1 -2 days. You can include pictures as attachments.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Virginia Bergin MacKenzie















Thank you all so much for the kind words about my son Dan. I can't tell you how much it means to me and to my other children.

I guess I knew him longer than anyone. For some reason, I keep thinking about what he was like as a bright, healthy and happy little boy.

The attached picture is surely one you haven't seen. This was our Christmas card when he was a year old, before he was joined by his sister Patti, and his brothers Mike and Tim. He was always smiling then too. What joy he brought to everyone he met. As hard as this is for me, my Faith is strong. I know God has His reasons. It is not for us to question them. Dan was only loaned to me for a time and I have to give him back to God whether I want to or not. It is simply God's will.

Patti's comment was priceless. I told her that Dan would probably have to spend some time in Purgatory. He had some "making up" to do.
She answered, "Mom, don't worry about Dan. He talked his way through the gate two days ago". He would want me to say to you - Stay Happy.

Peace and all good

Virginia Bergin MacKenzie

No comments: