This is a memorial website to honor our dear friend and loved one, Dan Bergin. Dan has many friends in the sailing and skiing communities; in the piloting and kite gliding communities; in the enlightenment intensive communities, and many, many other groups and organizations, as well his close and loved primary family. This "blog" gives us an opportunity to express our feelings for and to Dan and to recount experiences we had with him.

TO ADD YOUR MESSAGE TO THIS SITE:

Send an email to: bpalmer@winevalleyart.com

Please put "Remembering Captain Dan" in the subject line. In that way, Brock will be able to identify your message and will post your message within 1 -2 days. You can include pictures as attachments.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tony Terich




It is Sunday, May 24, 2009. A few minutes ago my wife asked me to look up Dan and see what he was up to. Upon opening the Sail Papa website, I was shocked and saddened to learn of his passing. In the summer of 2006, my wife and I had a trip to Seattle planned, like we often did, to visit two of our sons and daughter-in-law. My wife, Ellen, asked me if I could arrange a sail for all of us on the Sound while we were there. I was fortunate enough to hook up with Dan. We had the most fantastic evening. We will remember the evening and, of course, Dan (how could anyone forget him!) forever.

Tony Terich
aj.terich1@verizon.net
aj.terich1@tmo.blackberry.net

No comments: