This is a memorial website to honor our dear friend and loved one, Dan Bergin. Dan has many friends in the sailing and skiing communities; in the piloting and kite gliding communities; in the enlightenment intensive communities, and many, many other groups and organizations, as well his close and loved primary family. This "blog" gives us an opportunity to express our feelings for and to Dan and to recount experiences we had with him.

TO ADD YOUR MESSAGE TO THIS SITE:

Send an email to: bpalmer@winevalleyart.com

Please put "Remembering Captain Dan" in the subject line. In that way, Brock will be able to identify your message and will post your message within 1 -2 days. You can include pictures as attachments.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Brad Stock

Dan, my friend. I spoke to Dan only weeks before his passing, after losing touch with him for some time. I was glad to re-connect with him. I was also shocked to hear of his passing. I would not have known of his passing for some time had i not serendipitously bumped into one of his closest friends last week at Guitar Center.

I was very happy to hear that he was in love and living his life to his fullest potential. Dan was a beautiful friend: optimistic, supportive, bold, fearless, and always greeting with a beautiful smile. Dan and I spent a lot of time together in Salt Lake, in the mountains, and at his Park City home. We spoke of being soul brothers of sorts, sharing many of the same struggles, hopes, and dreams, and Dan's spirit remains in my heart as it does in so many others. Even in his darkest times his light showed so brightly into the world. My condolences go out to Dan's family and closest friends. I miss you, Dan, but I am very happy that you were happy, and doing what you love, when you died.

Love,

Brad

No comments: